With our long history, we are very aware of our responsibilities to the environment and creating a sustainable future for all. We are committed to playing our part by minimising the impact of our activities whilst continuing to provide our customers with high quality, healthy and convenient foods for many more years to come.
What we do:
- We are members of WRAP and our European food waste is assessed annually under their scheme. Our food waste as a percentage of production output has been reduced by 47% between 2019-2022.
- All of our sites are members of the GFSI (Global Food Safety Initiative)/British Retail Consortium (BRC) scheme which helps drive up standards in food safety and quality systems.
- Production of Safe Food KPIs are in place to monitor safety, quality and integrity and to ensure food waste and disposal is minimised.
- Surplus food is redirected via FareShare (UK) to support charities helping to feed the vulnerable.
- Our Super Good, Plant Based and Vegetarian soup ranges have been developed to support healthier dietary choices.
- We also offer foods which are gluten free, non-GMO/NGPV, organic vegan, vegetarian, Halal, whole grains, plant-based protein, sources of protein and fibre, no added sugar and allergen free.
- We have a dedicated New Product Development team to identify and progress new market opportunities.
- We are optimising the product cook cycle to further improve product quality and reduce water and utility consumption.