Baxters is a family business which has successfully flourished from humble beginnings in a small, rural community in the highlands of Scotland. We fully recognise the value and benefits generated by being an active and engaged participant in our local communities. Over the years, we have endeavoured to improve the lives of our friends and neighbours in the areas where we operate by ensuring that they benefit from the fruits of our success.
What we do:
- We have been headline sponsors of the Loch Ness Marathon since the event began in 2002.
- The Gordon & Ena Baxter Foundation provides funding assistance to those who are making a positive difference to the lives of the people in communities in the North East of Scotland.
- The Baxters Charity Committee has been established to create an annual charity giving strategy focused on supporting local causes in the communities around our European sites and more broadly through a UK-wide strategic charity partnership.
- Internships and apprenticeship programmes are in place and we are a lead employer in the Scottish Food and Drink Foundation Apprenticeship Programme.
- We have established partnerships with local schools to promote careers in the food industry. The Annual Baxters Soup Challenge (in partnership with DYW Moray) provides an enterprise and practical learning opportunity for S2 pupils in Moray.
- Donations are provided to local foodbanks and ministries to support those in need.