Swiss Roll with Baxters Strawberry Conserve
Delicious…why not try substituting the Strawberry Conserve with one of our other conserves?
- Pre-heat oven to 190°C/gas mark 5.
- Line the base of a baking tray/Swiss roll tin with greaseproof paper. Brush with oil and dust with flour.
- Whisk the eggs and sugar together in a large bowl until the mixture is light and frothy and leaves a trail when lifted out. Then add 2 tbsp. warm water and the vanilla extract. Sift the flour into the mixture, carefully folding it in at the same time. Pour the mixture into the Swiss Roll tin and bake for 12-15 minutes until springy and the edges shrunk from the tin.
- Sprinkle sugar onto a fresh piece of greaseproof paper. Then turn out the Swiss roll. Carefully remove the top piece of greaseproof paper. Baxters Chef ‘s Tip: Place a slightly damp cloth on top of the sponge and cool for 30 minutes – the cloth will stop the roll from cracking when you roll it up.
- Once cooled, spread the sponge with the Baxters Strawberry Conserve and whipped cream. Roll carefully by pushing the paper towards you and easing the sponge over the filling. Roll all the way to the end then turn over to seal the filling.
- Sprinkle with caster sugar and serve.