Salmon with Beetroot Risotto
Succulent salmon served on a bed of Baxters Beetroot Pickle risotto, which not only tastes delicious but also creates a vibrant and colourful dish.
- Open and drain the beetroot. Wash under cold running water to wash off any excess vinegar. Puree the beetroot in a food processor until smooth. Set aside.
- In a medium pan heat the oil and sauté the onion and garlic until soft but without colour.
- Add the rice and cook for 1 minute then add the wine. Cook on a medium heat until all the wine has been absorbed.
- Gradually add the stock a little at a time ensuring that all liquid is absorbed before adding more. This process will take roughly 15-16 minutes.
- Meanwhile heat a large non-stick frying pan. When the pan is hot but not smoking add the fish presentation side down and cook on a medium heat for 2-3 minutes. Carefully turn the fish and cook for a further minute then add the butter and the lemon juice cook for a further minute then drain on kitchen towel.
- To finish the risotto add enough puree to give a vibrant colour and flavour then add the butter and cheese. Stir well. Season.
- Divide the risotto into serving bowls and top with the fish. Serve with steamed green vegetables.