Pan Gravy with an added Baxters Twist
Why not enhance your gravy with our exciting range of condiments?
- Once your roast is cooked and resting, pour any excess fat out of the roasting tray and put on the hob to heat.
- When the tray is hot and the residue in the tray begins to caramelise, deglaze with the red wine, then simmer to reduce by half.
- Add the flour and mix to a smooth roux. Gradually add the water, mixing all the time to ensure a smooth sauce.
- Strain through a sieve into a clean pan. Return to heat and reduce to desired consistency and season.
- Add the sauce or jelly to finish the gravy off.
- Serve poured over sliced roasted meat.