Baxters Orange Marmalade Loaf
Perfect served with lashings of butter and a freshly brewed pot of tea
- Line and grease a small loaf tin.
- Sieve the flour and baking powder into a mixing bowl. Rub in the butter until mixture resembles fine bread crumbs.
- Stir in the sugar and orange zest then add the milk, whisked eggs and half of the marmalade mixing well to achieve a smooth batter.
- Pour into the loaf tin and bake in a preheated oven at 175°C for 1 ¼ -1 ½ hrs.
- Allow to stand for five minutes, then turn out onto a cooling wire.
- To make the glaze, pour the remaining marmalade into a pan and add an equal quantity of water.
- Heat the mixture until warm, then using a pastry brush, brush evenly all over the cake.