A delicious recipe using Baxters Signature Orange Curd - simply divine!
- Blitz icing sugar and ground almonds in a food processor until very fine. Sieve to make sure any larger pieces are removed.
- Using an electric whisk, mix the egg whites until stiff then add the caster sugar one tablespoon at a time until fully incorporated.
- At this stage add colouring and a large tablespoon of the curd.
- Fold the sieved almond mix into the meringue in two stages.
- When folding in it's crucial to get the correct consistency to avoid cracking or bumps. When you leave a trail in the mix with a spoon it should slowly disappear.
- Pipe onto a tray lined with grease proof paper to about the diameter of £1 coin. Bang the tray against the table to disperse any trapped air and leave to rest on the tray for 30 minutes to form a skin.
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees centigrade and bake in the middle fir about 12 minutes or until sound hollow when tap on bottom.
- Cool on the tray.
- To finish, sandwich with the Orange Curd.