Lemon Meringue Doughnuts
A delicious doughnut recipe with a twist using Baxters Signature Lemon Curd - simply scrumptious!
- Mix the yeast with a teaspoon of sugar and 50mls of the milk and leave in a warm place until the mix bubbles.
- Sieve the flour and salt. Make a well and add yeast mix, butter and rest of the milk. Mix until a smooth dough is formed. Cover and prove in a warm place for 1 hour.
- Roll out dough to 3cm thick and cut out using a 5cm pastry cutter.
- Deep fry at 180 degrees centigrade until golden brown then drain on kitchen paper.
- Meanwhile mix the sugar and water in a small pan and cook to 120 degrees centigrade. When the syrup reaches 100 degrees centigrade begin to whisk the whites until stiff. Gradually pour on the hot syrup whisking until cooled.
- Fill the cooked doughnuts with the Curd using a small piping bag.
- Dip the doughnuts into the meringue mix to coat the top and finish with a kitchen blowtorch.