Lamb Cutlets with Baxters Redcurrant Jelly Gravy
Baxters Redcurrant Jelly, this addition to the kitchen store cupboard, adds an extra dimension to your gravy.
- Heat a frying pan. Season the cutlets and fry for about 3-4 minutes on each side. Set aside in a warm place to rest.
- Meanwhile, ensuring the pan is hot and the residue in the pan begins to caramelise, deglaze with the red wine and reduce by half.
- Add the flour and mix to a smooth roux.
- Gradually add the water, mixing all the time to ensure a smooth sauce.
- Strain the sauce through a sieve into a clean pan. Return to heat and reduce until the desired consistency and season.
- Add the Baxters Redcurrant Jelly to the finished gravy, and pour over the meat.
- Serve with seasonal vegetables and roast potatoes.