Crispy Squid Rings with Baxters Tartare Sauce
Just perfect served with a ‘dollop’ of our delicious Tartare Sauce.
- Cut the squid into rings and set aside.
- Mix the flour, cornflour and baking powder in a bowl and season.
- Gradually add enough sparkling water, whisking all the time, until a smooth batter is formed. Set aside.
- Dust the squid rings in the flour and shake off the excess.
- Place the squid rings in the batter. Mix until coated then allow excess batter to drip off.
- Fill a large pan or wok 1/3 full of oil, heat until when you drop in a small cube of bread, it sizzles and turns golden within 30 seconds. Cook the squid for 2-3 minutes or until golden and crisp. Baxters Chef’s Tip: Only do 2 or 3 at a time to avoid making the squid soggy.
- Drain on kitchen towel and serve with wedges of lemon and a generous serving of Baxters Tartare Sauce.