Baxters Caramelised Onion Tart
This savoury tart becomes divine when you add our Caramelised Onion Chutney.
- Rub in the butter and flour until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Mix in salt, add the egg and bring together.
- Knead lightly until smooth dough is achieved.
- Rest for 30 minutes to allow the dough to firm up.
- Line a flan ring and bake blind. Do this by lining the pastry with a circle of greaseproof paper and filling with ceramic baking beans (or you can use dry rice if you don’t have these). Baxters Chef’s tip: This keeps the pastry flat and stops the sides from falling in, allowing it to cook evenly.
- Meanwhile, mix the sliced Baxters Pickled Sweet Onions and the Baxters Caramelised Onion Chutney and place in the precooked pastry case.
- Whisk the eggs and cream and season.
- Pour into case and bake in a preheated oven at 220°C for 20 minutes, then turn down the oven to 180°C and bake for a further 15 minutes. Serve warm.