A delicate, light and fluffy dessert made with milk and fresh double cream and Baxters Apple Sauce, delightful!
- Boil milk and cream together in a heavy bottomed pan.
- Whisk eggs and sugar until light and fluffy. I recommend an electric whisk as this takes a while.
- Soak gelatine in cold water.
- Pour milk onto eggs while continuing to whisk. Return mix to the pan and cook on a low heat until the mix visibly thickens.
- Add the gelatine taking care to squeeze out any excess water. Whisk in and strain into a clean bowl. Set aside to cool to room temp.
- Meanwhile puree the apple sauce so no lumps are visible.
- Whip cream to soft peaks.
- When custard mix has cooled fold in the apple sauce then the cream. Pour the mix into ramekins or mousse rings and set in fridge.
- To serve simply heat the mould and turn out onto serving dish.